Best reverse image search for PC /iPhone/ Android
Table of Contents
Billions of pictures are uploaded, downloaded, and exchanged daily over search engines and social media platforms like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Facebook, Instagram, etc. but how can the authenticity of an image be determined? What about the copyrights if you want to use an image for your personal use? What if the image is stolen, duplicated, or manipulated? Reverse image search is the solution to this kind of problem.
What is a reverse image search?
A reverse image search is an image base query that retrieves the source information for an image. Searching for duplicated images, finding information about unidentified products and objects, debunking faked images, and finding higher resolution versions of images are also included in reverse image search.
Various reverse image tools are used to fetch the details of an image using different algorithms. These tools find similar images by comparing the uploaded image with billions of pictures present online.
Advantages of reverse image search tools
Reverse image search tools provide exceptional convenience.
- It enables you to identify if someone else is using your picture or artwork.
- You can check the authenticity of an image freely.
- Save time from manual verification of images.
- Warn you from copyrighted images if you are going to use them for work purposes.
- You can find information about unknown objects or products
Reverse image search tools offer these facilities for free, you do not even have to spend a penny for it. Image pilferage is common and is mostly impossible to avert. Hence, a tool to find out about an image comes in handy for such a work. Best reverse image search tools use image processing and artificial intelligence algorithms. Let’s dive deep into the Best reverse image search tools for PC /iPhone/ Android.
Google reverse image search
Google is considered the most powerful search engine due to its ultimate speed and format of data retrieval queries. Google reverse image search can be performed on both Android and IOS by enabling the desktop mode in browsers.
Google reverse image search for android
You can search for any image by google reverse image search to get information about that picture. You can do this task easier if you are having Google Chrome installed on your device. The steps for the reverse image search are mentioned below.
- Open Google Chrome on your android device.
- Click on the three-dot on upper right corner of the tab.
- Check Desktop site if unchecked.
- Now search for google.com
- Click on images written on the upper right corner of tab.
- Now click on the camera icon beside the search bar.
- You can either search by uploading the image from your device storage or you can just paste the copied link of any image from the source.
Google reverse image search for iPhone/IOS
The default browser on iPhones is safari browser, although you can install Google Chrome on it. You have learned the reverse image searching in Google Chrome above. Now we will show to do a reverse image search by using the Safari browser. The following steps are very simple and easy to follow, please see the instructions below.
- Open safari browser
- You will see a search bar in the bottom. Now, Search for images.google.com in the search bar.
- Now, you will see a “AA” at the bottom left of the screen, just click on it after that a pop up screen will appear, click on "Request Desktop Website"
- After clicking on "Request Desktop Website" you will be redirected to desktop site. Now, you will see a camera icon in the search bar right under the google logo. Bingo! you are ready for google reverse image search.